Thank you for reading the blog!
We welcome your comments and suggestions. If you have information or a story you would like us to post, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private sessions with Deborah:
This is not traditional mental health therapy or treatment for mental illness, it is just an honest conversation about questioning what you are experiencig and what it means to you and your life.
- BA with Honors in Psychology from University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- MS Counseling Psychology from Texas A&M University
- Doctorate of Metapsychology from International Institute of Metapsychology
- 30 years of practice as a psychotherapist
- Clinical Team Supervisor for a large HMO in the US
- Certified HeartMath Practicioner
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Featured Expat speaker for Live and Invest Overseas, 2019 & 2020
- Contributor to www.cuencahighlife.com, Resources for Expat Living online newsletter
- Personal research that has led to a broad and integrated perspective of psycho-spiritual, cultural, financial, environmental, and practical life skills necessary to thrive in the new normal world.
Many people have no one to talk to about their plans to move abroad or their concerns about the changes that are occurring in the new normal world. Recent events in the world have created a lot more anxiety. Many people are feeling very confused about what is true.
There are likely not many people in your life who are willing to talk about the changes that are occurring in our world, what the changes might mean, and how you can thrive and adapt. You may be considering many options including whether you choose to stay in North America and make changes in your life, or make plans to move abroad.
A key to thriving in the world is trusting your own inner wisdom and intuition. However, many of us have people in our lives who will not listen or who tell us we are not thinking right. Sometimes talking with an experienced professional who is open minded and understanding can help you sort through your options, and decrease your anxiety, so you can make decisions more confidently.
Metapsychology is the study of thinking outside the traditional box of psychology to be curious about questions such as the relationship between mind and body, what is consciousness, how does what is unconscious or hidden from us affect our ability to thrive, and how to be discerning within the paradigm that we are living in. This has been a passionate area of interest for Deborah. She has used the perspective of metapsychology in her work as a therapist to integrate the spiritual, the cultural, the metaphysical, and the sociopolitical aspects of our world to support others in their attempts to make sense of events and to develop personal strategies for thriving in the new normal.
You can schedule a private session with me. I would like to help you:
- clarify your goals and needs
- make choices based on your values and what makes sense to you
- confront fear head-on and move beyond it
- explore a broader and integrated perspective of the social/political/spiritual/climatic dynamics that are occurring
- become more grounded in your understanding of the changes in the world by integrating your own values and spiritual perspective with your plan for thriving
- validate that considering a change in lifestyle or a move outside of the US or Canada is not crazy thinking
If you would like to schedule a private session with me, send an email to email@example.com with a brief description of what you would like to discuss.
Fee for a private session: $50.00 per hour.